Sunday 3 August 2014

The Skin Scene

Trying to achieve good skin has always been a problem. Over the years I have built up a heavy repertoire of various skin products in the hope that they would be effective on my skin. From Simple to Clinique to Boots own brand the search for the right product continues.

For me having clear skin allows me to be more confident for not having to worry about my friends noticing my breakouts or feeling self conscious within myself. I had my skin tested so I could find out what skin type I have. The options were: Normal, oily, dry, or a combination of both. Unlucky for me I was a combination of both.
I would rather have one skin type, as for me I'm quite lazy with my skin care so would rather one product that would do the job.

Over the years I've been an avid user of Simple. I've accumulated lots of products from soaps, to moisturizers and face washes. Every time one of the products didn't work I'd go out and buy another from the range in the hope that it would improve my skin. Sadly these products aren't for me.

Even though I don't find the products effective for my spots I do find some of them very hydrating; for example- Simples moisture boost hydro cream has worked well on my skin and leaves my skin looking and feeling hydrated. Having mild acne I would need a product that is more aggressive on my skin which is not everyone's preference.

Kind to eyes revitalizing eye roll on 


I am however obsessed with one of their products. The kind to eyes revitalizing eye roll on is so gentle on my skin and very cooling as I suffer with hayfeaver and get bags under my eyes this product is so refreshing.
It smells really fresh and the metal roll on helps distribute the
product well.






3) dramatically different moisturizing gel
2) clarifying lotion clarifiante
1) liquid facial soda oily skin formula    
After seeing an offer on Clinique I decided to take the plunge and explore another skin range. As I wasn't keen on spending a lot of money on the normal sized products because I didn't want to waste my money on a product the wasn't great, this was the perfect solution. I got the 3 step skin care kit in the oily skin type (they ran out of the combination kit). The 3 products where in miniature. I've used it several times and will continue using it till I've run out and I'm hoping to see results.

If anyone's tried these Clinique products let me know what you think about them:)


2 comments:

  1. The Clinique products that I'm using at the moment are doing pretty well. I struggle with spots on my forehead and it seems to of cleared it up after a couple of weeks of using it. I'm trying some lush face masks (love lettuce and brazened honey) at the moment, they smell so good and haven't reacted with my skin so I'd give them a try. I think there a good alternative if you want to treat your skin. What products do you use?X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Iv only just realised you replied. I think I'm going to try out some lush face masks too as I love all the other products of theres that I have tried, I use No7 products and have been prescribed a gel from the doctors for the breakouts on my forehead x

      Delete